- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped onions
- 2 (10-oz.) packages frozen steam-in-bag brown-and-wild rice with broccoli and carrots
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup with herbs
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 (8-oz.) can diced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions, and sauté 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
Stir together frozen rice packages and next 6 ingredients; stir in onions. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with sliced almonds.
Bake at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and almonds are lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes.
Note: We tested with Birds Eye Steamfresh Brown & Wild Rice With Broccoli & Carrots.