This was delicious, my whole family loved it. Very light and fresh. Next time I would double the dressing to have a little more, it was yummy. I used dried parsley because I did not have fresh, and I cooked the green beans separately, while the potatoes were cooling so that I could get both vegetables cooked perfectly. My potatoes took close to 20 mins and I didn't want mushy green beans. Lastly, I only used 3/4 of the lettuce for my family of 4. That was enough!
Chicken, Red Potato, and Green Bean Salad
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Fonda Shaia
This 30-minute salad is loaded with fresh ingredients and tossed with an incredible homemade dressing.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 3/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 269
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 22.4g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 761mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound diagonally cut green beans
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 8 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package gourmet salad greens (about 6 cups)
- To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add beans, and cook an additional 4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Quarter potatoes. Place the potatoes, beans, chicken, onion, and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This