This was delicious!!! I served it over white rice.
Chicken with Ratatouille
This is the perfect one-dish dinner when the garden is in full swing. Feel free to substitute whatever is overflowing in your garden or at the market for the vegetables in the ratatouille.
More From Southern Living
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 (1-lb.) eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small summer squash, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 6 (4-oz.) chicken breast cutlets
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canola oil
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- 1. Sauté onion and eggplant in hot olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender and light brown around edges. Add squash, garlic, and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomato, basil, and 1/4 tsp. each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- 2. Remove vegetable mixture from skillet. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm. Wipe skillet clean.
- 3. Rinse chicken, and pat dry. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- 4. Fry chicken, in 2 batches, in hot canola oil in skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels; cover and keep warm. Transfer to a serving dish, and top with vegetable mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note