- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup packed torn basil leaves
- 1/3 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- calories 409
- fat 22.6 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 13.4 g
- polyfat 4.3 g
- protein 26 g
- carbohydrate 27 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 54 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 397 mg
- calcium 89 mg
How to Make It
Combine 2 1/4 cups water and quinoa in a saucepan over high heat; bring to a boil. Cover. Boil 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain; spread on paper towels to dry.
While quinoa cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken into thin slices.
Combine 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, lemon juice, and mustard in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Add tomatoes; toss to coat.
Combine cooked quinoa, arugula, and basil in a large bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; toss. Divide quinoa mixture among 4 plates. Top with chicken, tomato mixture, and pistachios.