Just ate the leftovers for lunch and it's even better. So good, fast and I had everything on hand when I did a search Sunday trying to find something new to do w/chicken thighs
Chicken, Quinoa, and Green-Olive Stew
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 488
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 46g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Sodium: 967mg
- Cholesterol: 151mg
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 pounds boned, skinned chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (preferably Mexican)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup chopped ripe plum tomatoes (about 2 large) or fire-roasted diced canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzos), rinsed if canned
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed small green olives
- 1. Bring broth to a simmer in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and lower heat to a simmer. Cook chicken, covered, 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through; transfer to a plate. Pour broth into a large bowl and set aside. Wipe out pot.
- 2. Add oil, onion, and salt to pot and cook over medium heat until onion softens and is starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Stir in cumin, coriander, oregano, and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add ancho chile powder, cayenne, chopped tomatoes, reserved broth, orange zest, and quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until a white ring appears around each quinoa seed, 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, shred chicken.
- 4. Add shredded chicken, chickpeas, and olives and heat through.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes