- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces tomatillos, coarsely chopped (about 3)
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Grapefruit, Walnut, and Feta Salad
- Herbed Corn Muffins
- Rosemary-Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Snap Pea and Radish Sauté
- calories 258
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 3.9 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 37 g
- carbohydrate 7.1 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- cholesterol 109 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 494 mg
- calcium 20 mg
How to Make It
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
While chicken cooks, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, onion, and next 5 ingredients (through jalapeño); cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Place tomatillo mixture in a blender; add lime juice. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Pulse 10 times or until a chunky salsa forms. Spoon tomatillo mixture over chicken; sprinkle with cilantro.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.