Very easy and quick to make, I like very much
Chicken Quesadillas With Roasted Corn Salsa
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 351
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 645mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 3/4 cup chunky bottled salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated queso fresco or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn; cook 5 minutes, stirring until lightly charred. Remove from heat; wipe skillet clean.
- 2. Combine corn, salsa, cilantro, and 2 tablespoons lime juice in bowl.
- 3. Place chicken in medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir well and set aside.
- 4. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until it is heated through, stirring occasionally. Add garlic during last 30 seconds of cooking. Transfer chicken to a plate; wipe skillet clean.
- 5. Wrap tortillas in a paper towel; microwave on HIGH about 15 seconds or until warm. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla; top each with chicken and 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold tortillas in half; brush tops with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- 6. Heat skillet over medium-low heat. Add 2 quesadillas, oiled sides down, pressing to flatten. Cook 1 minute or until lightly browned. Flip; cook 45 seconds and transfer to a cutting board. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas.
- 7. Cut quesadillas into wedges; serve hot with remaining salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes