- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 3/4 cup chunky bottled salsa
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated queso fresco or Monterey Jack cheese
- calories 351
- fat 11 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 25 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 3 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 645 mg
- calcium 50 mg
How to Make It
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn; cook 5 minutes, stirring until lightly charred. Remove from heat; wipe skillet clean.
Combine corn, salsa, cilantro, and 2 tablespoons lime juice in bowl.
Place chicken in medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir well and set aside.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until it is heated through, stirring occasionally. Add garlic during last 30 seconds of cooking. Transfer chicken to a plate; wipe skillet clean.
Wrap tortillas in a paper towel; microwave on HIGH about 15 seconds or until warm. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla; top each with chicken and 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold tortillas in half; brush tops with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt, if desired.
Heat skillet over medium-low heat. Add 2 quesadillas, oiled sides down, pressing to flatten. Cook 1 minute or until lightly browned. Flip; cook 45 seconds and transfer to a cutting board. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas.
Cut quesadillas into wedges; serve hot with remaining salsa.