These were great! I used kale and white cheddar because that's what I had, but you could do any number of combinations. A great way to use up leftovers.
Chicken, Mustard Greens, and Gruyère Quesadillas
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 476
- Fat: 22.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 12.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 25.3g
- Carbohydrate: 41.3g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 736mg
- Calcium: 400mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 5 ounces), chopped
- 4 cups chopped stemmed mustard greens
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- Dash of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 4 (6-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Gruyère cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt over chicken; toss to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add the greens, garlic, and dash of salt; cook 3 minutes or until greens wilt, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and rind.
- 3. Brush remaining 1 tablespoon oil over a jelly-roll pan; arrange tortillas in a single layer on pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese evenly over each tortilla; top each tortilla with about 2/3 cup chicken mixture. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Remove pan from oven; carefully fold each tortilla in half, pressing gently to close. Bake quesadillas an additional 10 minutes or until browned and crisp, turning carefully after 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This