I served this over polenta and it was delicious. I doubled the chili flakes for some extra kick. Husband loved it.
Instead of cherry tomatoes, you can use larger tomatoes cut into pieces so they cook quickly and release their juices to form the flavorful sauce. Try the dish over pasta or polenta.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 417
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 40g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 815mg
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1. Heat oven to 450° with a rack set 5 in. from the heat source. Heat oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over high heat.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in hot oil on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and add chile flakes, garlic, tomatoes, oregano, and olives.
- 3. Transfer pan to oven and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Lay cheese over chicken and bake just until melted and browned, 2 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note