I served this over polenta and it was delicious. I doubled the chili flakes for some extra kick. Husband loved it.
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Robyn Valarik
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 417
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 40g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 815mg
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1. Heat oven to 450° with a rack set 5 in. from the heat source. Heat oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over high heat.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in hot oil on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and add chile flakes, garlic, tomatoes, oregano, and olives.
- 3. Transfer pan to oven and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Lay cheese over chicken and bake just until melted and browned, 2 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes