Chicken Pumpkin Curry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) boneless chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 1 - 1 inch piece(s) ginger peeled and minced
- 1 can(s) pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- 1-1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1 (160z) package(s) frozen peas
- 1 package(s) baby potato and broccoli blend
- 1 teaspoon(s) cilantro chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 7 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add pumpkin, curry, cumin, sugar, salt, turmeric, and cayenne to same skillet. Stir to blend and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, coconut milk, half-and-half, frozen vegetables, and cooked chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and reduce to simmer. Cook 12 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve warm chicken and curry mixture over brown rice, garnish with cilantro. To kick up the heat, add more cayenne spice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Pumpkin Curry Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes