Chicken and Prosciutto Salad with Arugula and Asiago
- 2 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 ounces very thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (5-ounce) packages baby arugula
- 1 1/2 ounces Asiago cheese, shaved and divided (about 1/3 cup)
- 6 ounces shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- calories 193
- fat 11.5 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 5.8 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 14.4 g
- carbohydrate 8.9 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 481 mg
- calcium 142 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place bread cubes on a baking sheet, and lightly coat with cooking spray. Add basil and garlic powder; toss well. Place bread mixture in preheating oven; bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add prosciutto; sauté 4 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons oil, juice, and salt in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Place arugula, half of cheese, and juice mixture in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Divide arugula mixture evenly among 6 plates; divide chicken, prosciutto, tomatoes, remaining cheese, and croutons evenly over salads.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.