Yum! Enough said!
Chicken Potpie Pockets
Savory chicken and veggies are sandwiched between crispy sheets of puff pastry to make Chicken Potpie Pockets. These flavorful potpie pockets are great for kids and adults alike, and are sure to become a family favorite in no time.
More From Allyou
Chill: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 471
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 127mg
- Sodium: 1074mg
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed, cut into 4 squares
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry pieces into 4 6-inch squares. Place on 1 baking sheet, cover and chill.
- 2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion until softened, about 3 minutes. Add peas and carrots; sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle thyme and flour over vegetables; sauté 1 minute. Raise heat to medium-high. Stir broth and mustard into pan. Add chicken; cook until sauce is thick, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool. Season with salt. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 3. Place 1 pastry square on reserved baking sheet. Brush edges with egg. Spoon 1/4 of chicken mixture into center; fold to form a triangle. Seal edges. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Brush with remaining egg. Cut 3 slits in top of each. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 4. Bake turnovers until golden, about 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note