Yum! Enough said!
Chicken Potpie Pockets
Photo: Dominic Perri; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Chill: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 471
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 127mg
- Sodium: 1074mg
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed, cut into 4 squares
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry pieces into 4 6-inch squares. Place on 1 baking sheet, cover and chill.
- 2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion until softened, about 3 minutes. Add peas and carrots; sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle thyme and flour over vegetables; sauté 1 minute. Raise heat to medium-high. Stir broth and mustard into pan. Add chicken; cook until sauce is thick, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool. Season with salt. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 3. Place 1 pastry square on reserved baking sheet. Brush edges with egg. Spoon 1/4 of chicken mixture into center; fold to form a triangle. Seal edges. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Brush with remaining egg. Cut 3 slits in top of each. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 4. Bake turnovers until golden, about 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note