This took a very long time to prep and cook and in the end, was very bland. I wouldn't make this again without a lot of revisions. I'm very disappointed after all the work put in.
To serve three, use 1 1/2 tablespoons flour, cut the phyllo sheets into quarters, and scale remaining ingredients down by half. Bake the potpies in three (10-ounce) ramekins. (Tuck one quarter of phyllo sheets on top of each ramekin; discard remaining quarter.) Bake 15 minutes or until tops are golden. To reduce prep time, look for prechopped vegetables in the supermarket.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 354
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 24.2g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Calcium: 209mg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups diced red potato (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (14 x 9-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add oil. Add potatoes and next 6 ingredients (through thyme), and sauté for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; sprinkle flour over vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in milk and broth. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken, peas, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a 3-quart baking dish. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying); lightly spray with cooking spray. Repeat layers with cooking spray and remaining phyllo. Place phyllo layers loosely on top of mixture in dish. Place dish on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until top is golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note