- 1 slice smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cubed red potato (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sliced leeks (about 2)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 large egg white
- calories 298
- fat 11.9 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- monofat 3.6 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 31 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 62 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 561 mg
- calcium 42 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until almost crisp, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high. Add potato and carrot to pan; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and next 3 ingredients (through pepper); sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Slowly add broth to pan, stirring constantly; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish. Top with dough, folding under and pressing down on edges to seal.
Combine milk and egg white; brush mixture over top of dough. Cut small slits in dough to vent. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until crust is golden. Let stand 10 minutes.