Chicken Pot Pie in Biscuit Bowls
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Biscuit Bowls
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add 1/2 cup onion and 1/2 cup celery, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk in cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning; cook over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 cup Cheddar cheese, stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Stir in cooked chicken, mixed vegetables, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon warm chicken mixture evenly into Biscuit Bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes