chicken pot pie
A warm stew made in Pennsylvania-Dutch country.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cup(s) FLOUR
- 1/2 cup(s) 1% or nonfat milk
- 2 medium-sized potatoes diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 3 cup(s) cooked chicken breast shredded
- 2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) water
- Noodles: mix flour and 1/2 tsp of salt. Cut in the butter. Add beaten eggs and then milk. Mix with clean hands. Roll out as thin as possible on cutting board. Let stand 30 minutes. Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares. Allow to dry all day.
- Pot Pie (stew mixture): add potatoes, celery, salt, pepper, parsley, and chicken stock in large pot. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender. Add chicken. Add noodles to boiling stew. Cook until noodles are done over medium heat. (If stew needs thickening, add above cornstarch and water to boiling stew until thickened)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ADMZFAM and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note