Chicken Pot Pie
Why it's healthier Traditional chicken pot pie can be loaded with fat and sodium. We've used reduced-fat, reduced-sodium canned soup in the filling and topped the mixture with sheets of prepared phyllo dough in place of labor- (and calorie-) intensive pie pastry.
Bake: 15 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken breast halves cubed
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mushrooms sliced
- 9 ounce(s) package frozen cut green beans
- 2 shallots quartered
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) bottled roasted minced garlic
- 1 can(s) educed-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup(s) carrot shredded
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried sage, marjoram or thyme crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 3 sheets frozen phyllo dough (14Ã9-inch rectangles) thawed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ONE - Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 4-quart Dutch oven combine chicken, mushrooms, green beans, shallots, broth and roasted garlic. Heat mixture to boiling, stirring occasionally to separate chicken pieces; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and green beans are crisp-tender. Add soup, carrot, sage and pepper to chicken mixture. Cook and stir until bubbly. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart square baking dish.
- TWO - Unroll phyllo dough; remove one sheet of the phyllo dough and place on a flat surface. (As you work, cover the remaining phyllo dough with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.) Lightly coat the phyllo sheet with cooking spray. Lay another sheet of phyllo dough on top of the first sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheet. Cut phyllo stack in half crosswise. Place one stack on top of the other to make a 9×7-inch stack of six sheets.
- THREE - Using a pizza cutter, cut phyllo into six 3-1/2×3-inch rectangles. Place phyllo pieces on top of the chicken mixture in dish, overlapping slightly as necessary.
- FOUR - Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and phyllo is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings
- Nutrition Facts per serving: 158 cal., 2 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 46 mg chol., 308 mg sodium, 13 g carb., 2 g dietary fiber, 20 g protein. Exchanges: 0.5 starch, 1 veg, 2.5 lean meat, 1 carb choice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AymelaCakes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note