Chicken Pot Pie
This is easy comfort food with a puff pastry crust.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms and salt; sauté 8 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are browned. Add vegetables and next 5 ingredients, stirring to blend.
- Pour chicken mixture into a lightly greased 10" deep-dish pie plate, and cover with pastry; trim excess pastry. Bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and pastry is golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note