My husband made this for me for my birthday dinner. It was so good. Perfect just as written. Can hardly wait to try some of the other chicken casserole recipes you have sent me. Thanks for great recipes:)
Chicken Portobello Lasagna
More From Southern Living Cooking School
Bake: 1 Hour
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 (6-oz.) PILGRIM'S PRIDE EatWellStayHealthy Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, diced
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-oz.) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-oz.) block 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- 2. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add chicken and mushrooms, and sauté 10 minutes or until chicken is done and mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, soup, and next 3 ingredients; fold in cheese.
- 3. Spoon one-fourth of chicken mixture in a lightly greased 8- x 8-inch baking dish. Arrange 2 noodles on top of mixture. Repeat layers twice; top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350° for 45 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes; proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note