I really enjoyed this pizza from the January 2012 issue of Cooking Light. I made it just as the recipe said even though I wasn't at all sure that there would be enough cheese. Happily, that fear was unfounded. I will definitely make this again. The only thing I will do differently in the future is to spice the chicken more when I cook it, probably with cumin and chili powder, because the chicken it rather bland.
Forget delivery! Serve homemade Chicken Pizza instead. Chicken, sweet Italian sausage, cremini mushrooms, fontina cheese, and sliced red bell pepper are just a few of the ingredients we used to dress this dish up.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour
- Calories: 414
- Fat: 19.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 25.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33.9g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 641mg
- Calcium: 154mg
- 1 (12-ounce) portion fresh pizza dough
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 (4-ounce) link sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced onion
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Let dough rest, covered, at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, chicken, and sausage; sauté 5 minutes. Remove mixture from pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4. Punch dough down. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Roll dough out to a 14-inch circle on baking sheet. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 2 ounces cheese. Arrange chicken mixture, vegetable mixture, and bell pepper over cheese, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top with remaining cheese and crushed red pepper. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with herbs. Cut into slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note