- 1 (12-ounce) portion fresh pizza dough
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 (4-ounce) link sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced onion
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- calories 414
- fat 19.4 g
- satfat 5.8 g
- monofat 7 g
- polyfat 2.6 g
- protein 25.9 g
- carbohydrate 33.9 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 64 mg
- iron 2.9 mg
- sodium 641 mg
- calcium 154 mg
How to Make It
Let dough rest, covered, at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450°.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, chicken, and sausage; sauté 5 minutes. Remove mixture from pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Punch dough down. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Roll dough out to a 14-inch circle on baking sheet. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 2 ounces cheese. Arrange chicken mixture, vegetable mixture, and bell pepper over cheese, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Top with remaining cheese and crushed red pepper. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with herbs. Cut into slices.