Chicken Pie With Sweet Potato Crust
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced cooked carrots
- 6 pearl onions, cooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sweet Potato Crust
- Combine first 4 ingredients; spoon into a 10- x 6- x 2-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a heavy saucepan. Gradually stir in milk and broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Pour sauce over chicken-vegetable mixture; top with Sweet Potato Crust. Turn pastry edges under; press firmly to rim of casserole to seal, and flute. (Make decorative design with excess pastry.) Cut slits in crust to allow steam to escape. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This