Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) chicken cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 pinch(s) thyme
- 1 med. onion
- 2 cloves stick in onion (stud)
- 1 can(s) cream of celery soup
- 1.5 stick(s) butter
- 1.5 cup(s) self-rising flour
- 1.5 cup(s) buttermilk
- Boil chicken with just enough water to cover, about 3-4 quarts. Add salt, pepper, thyme, mustard and onion with cloves to water. Cook until meat falls off the bone, about 30 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the water. DO NOT get rid of the broth!!!! Let the chicken cool then pull the meat off the bone.
- Mix together 2 cups of the chicken broth and cream of celery soup. Place in a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Mix in chicken.
- Mix together the buttermilk, flour and melted butter. Spread over the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour, until golden brown and bubbly,
- Make the night before or even freeze to use later. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by zwingert and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes