Super easy to make and oh so good!!
Chicken Piccata with Orzo
Low in calories and fat, this quick weeknight dinner uses chicken breast cutlets for speedy cooking. The entire meal takes less than 20 minutes to make and is sure to become a family favorite. Serve the chicken and sauce over orzo or wild rice with a side salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 328mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain. Stir in rind.
- 2. While orzo cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat; add butter, stirring until butter melts. Stir in parsley and capers. Serve over orzo.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note