Chicken Piccata with Capers
You can use this basic piccata recipe with pork or veal cutlets, too. Just make sure you pound the meat to 1/4-inch thickness. The capers add an extra hit of flavor.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 3 tablespoons sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 235
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 40.2g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 642mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon capers in white balsamic vinegar (such as Alessi) or regular capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 3. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add broth and lemon juice to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook, uncovered, over high heat 30 seconds or until slightly reduced. Stir in capers. Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and pepper.
- carbo rating: 2
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes