- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- calories 569
- caloriesfromfat 62 %
- fat 39.5 g
- satfat 8.1 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 31.7 g
- carbohydrate 23.6 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 76 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 756 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Gradually add oil, stirring well with a wire whisk; set aside.
Cut chicken into 2-inch strips. Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
Cook chicken in margarine in a large skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until golden, turning frequently. Remove chicken, and drain on paper towels; keep warm.
Add onion and lemonade concentrate to skillet. Saute 3 minutes or until tender; remove onion from skillet. Combine onion, lettuce, and almonds in a large bowl; toss gently. Divide lettuce mixture evenly among individual serving plates; top evenly with chicken strips. Drizzle evenly with reserved lemon juice mixture, and sprinkle with capers.