Chicken Piccata from Cooking Light
Serve this tangy dish with mashed potatoes or seasonal root vegetables.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounce(s) all-purpose flour divided (abt. 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) butter divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped shallots
- 4 clove(s) medium garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 3/4 cup(s) fat-free, lower sodium chicken broth divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) drained capers
- 3 tablespoon(s) coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2 inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Place 1 teaspoon flour in a small bowl, and place remaining flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour in shallow dish; shake off excess.
- 2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; saute 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots to pan; saute 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; saute 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Add 1/4 cup broth to reserved 1 teaspoon flour; stir until smooth. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half (about 5 minutes). Stir in flour mixture; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, juice and capers. Place 1 chicken breast half on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle each serving with about 2 teaspoons parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Piccata from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes