Community Recipe from
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, butterflied and cut in half
- sea salt and ground pepper
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup(s) brined capers, rinsed
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, add 2 more tablespoons of butter and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and move chicken to a plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to a boil, scrapping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to plate. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with rice or spaghetti
This recipe is a personal recipe added by captainlove3 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Piccata Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes