Prep: 7 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes. You can use this basic piccata recipe with either pork or veal cutlets, too. Just make sure you pound the meat to 1/4-inch thickness.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and about 3 tablespoons sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 173
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 26.9g
- Carbohydrate: 2.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 574mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 2 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon capers in white balsamic vinegar (such as Alessi) or regular capers
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add broth and lemon juice to pan, scraping pan with a wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Cook, uncovered, over high heat 30 seconds or until slightly reduced. Stir in capers. Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with pepper and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note