More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 513
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Protein: 42g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 542mg
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or water
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 10 ounce dried fettuccine, linguine, or spaghetti
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper
- 1. At home: Slice chicken breast halves across grain into 1/2-inch-thick strips and mix with paprika. Seal in a plastic freezer bag and chill up to 1 day or freeze up to 1 month.
- 2. Mix lemon juice with wine, chicken broth, capers, and cornstarch. Pour sauce into a small unbreakable container and seal. Chill up to 3 days.
- 3. Transport chicken and sauce in an insulated chest.
- 4. In camp: Cook pasta, uncovered, in about 4 quarts boiling water until tender to bite, about 7 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, combine oil and butter in a 9- to 10-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat. When hot, add about half the chilled (thawed) chicken strips and stir-fry until pieces are slightly browned and still faintly pink in the center (cut to test), 2 to 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer cooked chicken to a bowl. Repeat to cook remaining chicken, then return cooked chicken to pan.
- 6. Shake sauce to mix and pour it into the pan with the chicken. Stir until sauce boils rapidly.
- 7. Drain pasta and serve topped with chicken and sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note