Chicken Picatta Recipe
Community Recipe from
- pound(s) 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- tablespoon(s) 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) flour
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock or dry white wine
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) brined capers
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh chopped parsley
- Cut the chicken breast halves horizontally, butterflying them open. If the breast pieces you are working with are large, you may want to cut them each into two pieces. If the pieces are still thick after butterflying, put them between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them with a meat hammer to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan. Rinse the chicken pieces in water. Dredge them thoroughly in the flour mixture, until well coated. Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add half of the chicken pieces, do not crowd the pan. Brown well on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve to a plate.
- Cook the other breasts in the same manner, remove from pan. Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm in the oven while you prepare the sauce.
- Add the chicken stock (or white wine), lemon juice, and capers to the pan. Use a spatula to scrape up the browned bits. Reduce the sauce by half. Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Plate the chicken and serve with the sauce poured over the chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by genrynitch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note