Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 whole yellow onion
- 1 3" piece of ginger
- enough water to give you the amount of broth you need
- 1 packet Pho Hoa spices (for large pot/more water -use 2 packets)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) whole pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) fish sauce (or more until suits your taste)
- salt (to taste)
- chopped green onions (garnish)
- chopped cilantro (garnish)
- chopped yellow or sweet onion (garnish)
- bean sprouts (garnish)
- mint leaves (garnish)
- 1. Put chicken in a large pot (you can put the gizzard in the pot as well for flavoring if you want) and add enough water to give you the amount of broth you need or at least to cover chicken.
- 2. Add whole peeled onion. Smash ginger and add whole piece to pot. Add pho spice packet. Add bay leaves and whole pepper to something like a tea infuser ball (to keep peppers from being all over the place!).
- 3. Heat on high until boiled, then decrease heat to medium/medium-high for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- 4. Reduce heat to medium-low. Remove chicken. Let cool and then shred meat. Add more water to pot if needed.
- 5. Add sugar to pot. Add fish sauce to pot. Add chicken bones back into pot. Increase heat and bring back to boil. Add salt if needed.
- 6. Pour over prepared noodles & shredded chicken, add garnish and eat!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Pho Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews