Family loved this dish. Quick and easy to prepare.
Chicken with Pepperoni-Marinara Sauce
Commercial marinara sauce and quick-cooking chicken cutlets give you a jump start on dinner when preparing this Italian-inspired chicken entree. Pepperoni slices and shredded mozzarella make this meal appealing to kids and adults alike.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 48.5g
- Carbohydrate: 28.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 533mg
- Calcium: 231mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 16 slices pepperoni, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic and pepperoni; cook 2 minutes or until garlic begins to brown, stirring frequently. Add oregano; cook 30 seconds. Add marinara sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- 3. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Add chicken to skillet; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning after 3 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note