Excellent dish - I cut down the size for 2 and added water because it was too thick. But it was very good.
Red, yellow, and orange bell peppers add color to this creamy chicken pasta dish.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 6 tablespoons butter or margerine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (7-oz.) pkg. vermicelli, cooked
- Melt butter in a skillet until sizzling; stir in onion, peppers and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add chicken, tarragon, salt and pepper to skillet. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes or until chicken is golden and tender.
- Add vegetables, half-and-half and cheeses to chicken mixture. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Add vermicelli; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note