My family enjoyed these. In the magazine version, it suggested adding mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, which I did and thought it only made it better.
Chicken and Pepper Kebabs
These Chicken and Pepper Kebabs are not only flavorful, but fun to eat and serve at gatherings. Feel free to swap these vegetables for others you prefer. Mushrooms and cherry tomatoes make tasty, colorful contributions to these hearty kebabs.
More From Allyou
Chill: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 309
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 41g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Sodium: 567mg
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breast, skin and bone removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, five-spice powder, garlic, crushed red pepper, vegetable oil and cilantro, if desired.
- 2. Place chicken in a large ziplock bag. In a separate large ziplock bag, combine onion and bell peppers. Divide marinade between bags, seal and gently toss to coat. Refrigerate both bags for at least 45 minutes.
- 3. Preheat broiler, placing a rack about 5 inches from heat source. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil; mist foil with cooking spray. Thread chicken and vegetables onto 4 metal skewers. Place on baking sheet and broil until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, turning often, about 12 minutes total.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note