- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breast, skin and bone removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch squares
- calories 309
- fat 11 g
- satfat 1 g
- protein 41 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 99 mg
- sodium 567 mg
How to Make It
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, five-spice powder, garlic, crushed red pepper, vegetable oil and cilantro, if desired.
Place chicken in a large ziplock bag. In a separate large ziplock bag, combine onion and bell peppers. Divide marinade between bags, seal and gently toss to coat. Refrigerate both bags for at least 45 minutes.
Preheat broiler, placing a rack about 5 inches from heat source. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil; mist foil with cooking spray. Thread chicken and vegetables onto 4 metal skewers. Place on baking sheet and broil until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, turning often, about 12 minutes total.