This salad was just okay. Something was definitely missing. I added all ingredients as listed, but added one tablespoon extra oil and vinegar and also extra garlic. Still, a little dry and a little blah. Maybe some herbed feta to perk it up?
Chicken-Penne Salad with Green Beans
To quickly prepare the beans in this recipe, trim just the stem ends, leaving the tapered blossom ends intact. Line up 5 or 6 beans at a time and cut them roughly the same length as the pasta. You can have an entire meal ready in about 35 minutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 384
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 26.9g
- Carbohydrate: 47.8g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 866mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 2 cups uncooked penne (tube-shaped) pasta
- 2 cups (1-inch) cut green beans (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell pepper, drained and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling water 7 minutes. Add green beans; cook 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine pasta mixture, chicken, onion, basil, parsley, and bell pepper in a large bowl, tossing gently to combine.
- Combine oil and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This