Chicken and Pear Spinach Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 645
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Protein: 47g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 71g
- Fiber: 9.5g
- Sodium: 1056mg
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pound grilled boned, skinned chicken breasts, cool or cold
- 1 firm-ripe pear (3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- About 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 pound baby spinach leaves (4 qt.), rinsed and crisped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (including tops)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Spice crisps
- 1. In a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir nuts until golden, about 6 minutes. Let cool.
- 2. Cut chicken into 1/4-inch-thick strips 2 to 3 inches long. Rinse pear and cut lengthwise into quarters. Trim core from each quarter and discard; thinly slice quarters lengthwise.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix vinegar, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt. Add spinach, cranberries, green onions, almonds, chicken, and 3/4 of the pear slices. Mix gently to coat.
- 4. Spoon 1/4 of the salad onto each of 4 dinner plates. Top portions equally with remaining pear slices and sprinkle with cheese. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste. Serve with spice crisps.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This