- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 pound grilled boned, skinned chicken breasts, cool or cold
- 1 firm-ripe pear (3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- About 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 pound baby spinach leaves (4 qt.), rinsed and crisped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (including tops)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Spice crisps
- calories 645
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- protein 47 g
- fat 21 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- carbohydrate 71 g
- fiber 9.5 g
- sodium 1056 mg
- cholesterol 106 mg
How to Make It
In a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir nuts until golden, about 6 minutes. Let cool.
Cut chicken into 1/4-inch-thick strips 2 to 3 inches long. Rinse pear and cut lengthwise into quarters. Trim core from each quarter and discard; thinly slice quarters lengthwise.
In a large bowl, mix vinegar, olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt. Add spinach, cranberries, green onions, almonds, chicken, and 3/4 of the pear slices. Mix gently to coat.
Spoon 1/4 of the salad onto each of 4 dinner plates. Top portions equally with remaining pear slices and sprinkle with cheese. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste. Serve with spice crisps.