The 8yr and I prepared this. Fairly easy and quick. Used Udon noodles. There is something missing from this recipe. It has potential, but I would rather it taste great the first time. Maybe use prepared peanut sauce as well and garlic. We all three agree, won't be making this again.
Chicken-Peanut Chow Mein
Chow mein noodles are often labeled chuka soba. If you can't find them in the Asian section of the supermarket, substitute spaghetti or linguine. Chop and measure ingredients while you wait for water to boil.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 471
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 27.8g
- Carbohydrate: 72.6g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 807mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 cup precut matchstick-cut carrot
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 (6-ounce) packages chow mein noodles
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons bottled fresh ground ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1 cup (1-inch) sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Cook carrots, snow peas, and noodles in boiling water 3 minutes; drain.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cut chicken crosswise into thin strips. Add chicken and 1 tablespoon soy sauce to pan; stir-fry 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, broth, oyster sauce, sugar, and pepper, stirring well. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and ginger to pan; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add broth mixture, and cook for 1 minute. Add noodle mixture and chicken to pan; cook 1 minute, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with onions and peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note