Excellent, easy, flavorful recipe! Doubled the peanut butter as suggested by previous reviewer. Also, as I love all things spicy, added 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper. Will definitely be making this again... and again!
Chicken with Peanut-Butter Barbecue Sauce
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
Yield: Serves: 4
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 410
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Sodium: 924mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, about 2 3/4 lb. total, trimmed of excess fat
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (not natural or old-fashioned)
- 1. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet in a single layer (work in batches if necessary). Cook, turning frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove to a slow cooker. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 2. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. fat from skillet. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute longer. Add barbecue sauce and peanut butter. Stir, scraping up browned bits on the bottom of the pan, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and stir to coat.
- 3. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours on low. Uncover, set temperature to high and cook, turning chicken frequently, until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note