Grilled Chicken and Pea Shoot Charmoula Sandwiches
Before grilling, marinate chicken tenders in a paste made with cilantro, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice then serve on ciabatta bread topped with garden fresh carrot and tender pea shoots.
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- Calories: 635
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 61g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 727mg
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast halves
- 4 or 5 ciabatta or francese sandwich rolls (12 oz. total), split
- 1 carrot, cut into long shreds, preferably with a mandoline
- 1 qt. lightly packed tender pea shoots*, separated into 4- to 5-in. pieces
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1. Stir together oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, garlic, and cilantro in a medium bowl to make charmoula. Transfer 6 tbsp. to a small bowl.
- 2. Pull off tenders (the long, small, tenderloin muscles) from chicken. Add chicken (including tenders) to charmoula in medium bowl and turn to coat. Chill chicken and extra charmoula, covered, about 1 hour and up to 1 day, turning chicken once.
- 3. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Grill chicken, covered, turning once, until cooked through, 4 to 10 minutes; discard marinade. Transfer chicken to a board, let rest briefly, then slice diagonally. Grill rolls, cut sides down, until toasted, 1 minute.
- 4. Spoon 2 tbsp. reserved charmoula into a clean medium bowl, add carrot and pea shoots, and toss gently. Spoon 1 1/2 tbsp. more charmoula into a small dish and set aside. Whisk mayonnaise into charmoula remaining in the small bowl and spread over cut sides of the rolls.
- 5. Fill rolls with pea shoot salad and arrange chicken on top. Spoon about 1 tsp. reserved charmoula (from small dish) over chicken on each sandwich.
- *Find at farmers' markets or Asian markets.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This