Chicken Pastor Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package (about 1/2 cup) annatto seed paste (achiote)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves (3 1/2 pounds)
- Sesame seeds
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 16 miniature fresh mozzarella balls (bocconcini)
- Avocado Vinaigrette
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Place chicken in a large zip-top freezer bag. Pour orange juice mixture over chicken. Seal and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) about 15 minutes or until done, turning once. Cool completely; cover and chill at least 1 hour. Slice chicken into strips, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Combine salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber, and mozzarella, tossing well. Top with chicken strips, and serve with Avocado Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This