Chicken Pasta Primavera
- 1 pound(s) asparagus
- 1 1/2 pound(s) chicken, 1-in chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 4 teaspoon(s) EVOO
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh parm cheese, grated
- 12 ounce(s) fusilli pasta
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 red bell pepper
- S & P
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Add pasta and cook as label directs. Drain pasta, reserving cup of the cooking water. Return pasta and reserved water to saucepot.
- Meanwhile, slice green onions; reserve 2 tablespoons sliced dark green tops for garnish. In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tsp oil on medium-high until hot. Sprinkle chicken with S & P. Add chicken to skillet and cook 7 minutes or until chicken is browned and no longer pink throughout, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to medium bowl; set aside.
- To same skillet, add remaining oil; reduce heat to medium. Add green onions and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add asparagus and red pepper, cook 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp, stirring frequently. Stir in cream, crushed red pepper, and salt. Heat mixture to boiling on medium-high. Stir in reserved chicken pieces and remove skillet from heat.
- To saucepot with pasta and reserved cooking water, add parmesan, chicken mixture and basil; stir to combine. To serve spoon into bowls and garnish with dark green onion pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jojobean and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note