Really good! Easy, quick, and teenager approved.
This Chicken Parmigiana is quick, easy, and tasty--perfect for kids and weeknight dinners in a hurry.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/2 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 273
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 34.1g
- Carbohydrate: 22.5g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 641mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (26-ounce) jar low-fat spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture. Dip each piece of chicken in egg whites; dredge in cornflakes.
- Arrange chicken in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until crisp.
- Place spaghetti sauce in a medium saucepan, and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Pour sauce over chicken, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes