Start with a jar of pasta sauce and add a splash of red wine to make this quick and easy version of the classic Italian chicken dish.
Oxmoor House JUNE 2006
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2. While pasta cooks, combine breadcrumbs and seasoning in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg white; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and salt, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, red pepper, and wine to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 1 minute. Add pasta sauce; cook 1 minute or until bubbly.
4. Arrange chicken over sauce; top each breast half with a spoonful of sauce, and sprinkle with cheeses. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
5. Drain pasta. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Go to full version of