Prep: 9 minutes; Cook: 14 minutes
Oxmoor House JUNE 2006
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2. While pasta cooks, combine breadcrumbs and seasoning in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg white; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and salt, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, red pepper, and wine to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 1 minute. Add pasta sauce; cook 1 minute or until bubbly.
4. Arrange chicken over sauce; top each breast half with a spoonful of sauce, and sprinkle with cheeses. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
5. Drain pasta. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Go to full version of