Chicken Parmesan with Red-Wine Pasta Sauce
Prep: 9 minutes; Cook: 14 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup pasta, 1 chicken breast half, about 1/3 cup sauce, 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 462
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Protein: 49.7g
- Carbohydrate: 37.8g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 867mg
- Calcium: 196mg
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups light no sugar-added tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. While pasta cooks, combine breadcrumbs and seasoning in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg white; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and salt, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, red pepper, and wine to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 1 minute. Add pasta sauce; cook 1 minute or until bubbly.
- 4. Arrange chicken over sauce; top each breast half with a spoonful of sauce, and sprinkle with cheeses. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 5. Drain pasta. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes