- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups light no sugar-added tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- calories 462
- fat 11.3 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- protein 49.7 g
- carbohydrate 37.8 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 111 mg
- iron 3.7 mg
- sodium 867 mg
- calcium 196 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While pasta cooks, combine breadcrumbs and seasoning in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg white; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and salt, and dredge in breadcrumbs.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, red pepper, and wine to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 1 minute. Add pasta sauce; cook 1 minute or until bubbly.
Arrange chicken over sauce; top each breast half with a spoonful of sauce, and sprinkle with cheeses. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
Drain pasta. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta. Garnish with basil, if desired.