Delicious - a bit labor intensive for a weeknight but not too bad if done in steps. A lot of dishes to wash though. I will make it again.
Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti
To save time and effort, boil the broccoli rabe first, scoop it out with a slotted spoon, and cook the pasta in the same pot of boiling water.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 460
- Fat: 14.8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 38.3g
- Carbohydrate: 40.7g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 136mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 634mg
- Calcium: 247mg
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans unsalted petite-diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 (8-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Torn basil leaves (optional)
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 3. While pasta cooks, place tomatoes in a food processor; process until almost smooth. Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pepper and garlic; cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and 3/8 teaspoon salt; cook 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in chopped basil. Toss 1 cup sauce with pasta; keep warm.
- 4. While sauce cooks, split each chicken breast half horizontally to form 2 cutlets (4 total). Combine flour, garlic powder, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle tops of cutlets with half of flour mixture; pat evenly onto cutlets. Turn cutlets over. Sprinkle with remaining flour mixture; pat onto cutlets. Shake off any excess flour. Place egg in a shallow dish. Combine panko and Parmigiano-Reggiano in another shallow dish. Dip cutlets in egg; dredge in panko mixture.
- 5. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and butter to pan; swirl until butter melts. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned and done. Place chicken on a baking sheet; top evenly with mozzarella. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 6. Arrange about 1/2 cup pasta mixture on each plate; top each with 1 cutlet and about 3 tablespoons remaining sauce. Sprinkle with torn basil, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note